The data behind FluTracker is being compiled by Recombinomics founder Dr. Henry Niman, who is acknowledged as having organized the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource for tracking suspected and confirmed cases of H1N1 flu on the web. Dr. Niman, who earned his Ph.D at the University of Southern California, has worked with the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, the University of Pittsburgh, and Harvard Medical School.
Powered by Insight, Rhiza’s collaborative web GIS tool, FluTracker enables health officials and the general public to input new information, using simple online tools. The result is faster access to the most up to date information about the status and progression of swine flu outbreaks worldwide. While several static maps showing various stages of the pandemic are available on the Web, only FluTracker gives users the ability to:
- View summaries of cases by geographic region
- Map the progression of infections over time
- Create maps that breakdown cases by status (suspected, confirmed and fatal)
- Easily export data for analysis in other systems
Organizations can also combine their own data with the FluTracker system using Rhiza Labs latest online GIS product, Insight for Early Detection. Now leaders in the public health, policy, insurance and disaster response fields can quickly analyze their organization’s data in a secure and customized FluTracker website that can be up and running in as little as two business days. Special pricing is available, including deep discounts for non-profit & educational organizations.
With Insight for Early Detection, you can view your organization’s data alongside the most current reporting on FluTracker, and access a host of simple online analysis tools that will let you:
- Monitor flu outbreaks in specific areas of interest
- Quickly build new maps that combine your private data with FluTracker data or data from other Insight for Early Detection websites
- Share your maps and datasets with the world or restrict sharing to authorized users
- Solicit input and comments from others
- Track how others are using your maps and data
In a tight market, being able to make decisions with the most current information can give your organization the agility it needs to respond effectively and quickly. Contact Rhiza Labs today to subscribe to FluTracker for Early Detection.