Rhiza’s Pundit gives you data, not spin.
Go ahead, ask a question.
Pundits in the media are constantly bombarding us with their version of the facts. Wouldn’t it be nice to cut through the shrill partisanship, bloviating and manipulation? Now, you can. Introducing My Pundit by Rhiza, a virtual assistant that allows you to ask questions and get the facts. No spin, no run-around.
How does it work?
My Pundit by Rhiza is a virtual assistant that allows you to verbally ask questions and get data. It combines data from every registered voter in the US from L2 with most of the recent presidential election polls at a state and national level from RealClearPolitics. It also includes the Washington Post’s Fact Checker and ProCon.org‘s data that exposes how candidate opinions on controversial issues have changed over time and what they stand for now. Rhiza Pundit takes care of all the geeky analytics stuff behind the scenes and delivers simple and clear answers to some of the most common questions people have.
See some demos
We’ve created some quick demonstrations of how it works. In these, we’re using an Amazon Echo device, but any virtual assistant platform we integrate with will work.
What questions can I ask?
You can ask all kinds of questions. As more people use it, the smarter it gets. Here are a few to get you started:
- Who is winning the US presidential race? Who is in the lead? How close is the race? (these will all give you the latest national polling results)
- Who is winning the US presidential race in Ohio? (insert any state that you’d like)
- How many Democrats are there in Florida? (insert any party and any state)
- Demographics: Tell me about women and Democrats (try other demographics like age, gender, income, education level and political parties, you can also specify a state)
- Do people like Donald Trump? (try other Presidential candidates to hear about recent favorability poll results)
- What do the candidates think of the Flat Tax. (try other issue like, Social Security, Education, Gun Control, Abortion etc.)
- Fact check Trump or Clinton.
- How do you know that? Where do you get your data? Who built you? (Ask, you deserve to know!)
How do I get it?
My Pundit by Rhiza is publicly available as a skill on any Amazon Alexa-powered device. To get it, just say “Install My Pundit by Rhiza” to your Alexa-powered device and it will install itself. You then can ask questions of it by saying, “Alexa, ask My Pundit ______” (see some of the examples above).
If you don’t have an Amazon Alexa device, you can still try it via a web app that another company built to access the Alexa platform: https://alexaweb.herokuapp.com **PLEASE NOTE** that the web app is not affiliated with Rhiza in any way. Use it at your own risk!
Why did Rhiza create this?
Rhiza believes this election needs more facts and less spin. We know that when people have access to good data, they make better decisions. Our marketing analytics platforms help advertisers and marketers make better decisions every day. We thought the public needed some help with this election and this is our way of giving back.
The fine print
Rhiza is providing this as is and makes no warranties whatsoever that the data is accurate at forecasting what people might think or do tomorrow. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Not for use in medical or nuclear power applications. We reserve the right to stop doing this at any time. Not for commercial use, unless you call us and get a commercial license. If you’re a media company and would like to add My Pundit by Rhiza to your team, let us know! Have fun, be smart.